There are a number of fun ways you can use social media to boost your following. Find out how to make an Instagram Reel and get your content seen here!
If you’re a content creator, artist, or business, then you’ll want to be seen by as many people as possible online. Whether your goal is to make a profit, or simply to give your creative projects a decent audience, Instagram is a fantastic social media marketing tool. Not only is it free, but it offers a variety of features that enable you to shout about yourself in a way that suits you.
Grid posts and Stories are great and all, but they rely heavily on people already following you. Reels is perfect for pulling in new followers, as people don’t need to be following you to see your content. So, how do you make an Instagram Reel in the first place?
How to Make A Reel
- Open the Instagram app and swipe right to open the camera, or tap the + icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll along the options at the bottom until you land on REEL.
- Tap or hold the record button to start filming – you can pause filming and resume if you wanted to switch scenes or have fun with jump cuts. You can select the length of your Reel by tapping the Length icon on the left. Instagram increased the maximum length of Reels to 60 seconds – you may need to update the app.
- Add audio, music, text and effects by playing with the range of editing features on the left-hand side.
- Use the > arrows to finish up your Reel by adding a caption and hashtags, then either share or save as a draft.
Upload Pre-Made Videos
If you want to upload a video you’ve already recorded as a Reel, the process is just as straightforward. Follow the directions above, but at step 3 you just need to swipe up to open up your camera roll. Select the video you want to use and trim if necessary, then continue editing as normal.
You can even add TikTok videos to Reels, however Instagram stated they won’t be promoting these types of videos as favourably any more.
Boosting your business with Reels is a great move, but if you’re using a business account there are some differences. The major one being the lack of the audio library. Unfortunately, you can’t use Instagram’s music library to promote a product or brand for profit. However, you absolutely can still add music to business Reels!
All tracks have the sync license covered, meaning they’re perfect to use in your business’ Instagram Reels, and all other types of content!